Katy's Reviews > Pure

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Mar 14, 12

Read in March, 2012

4.5 stars - This book may not have been the best book ever written, and it's certainly not without it's flaws, but I don't care. I LOVED it because it stirred so much emotion out of me.

I will say I was a bit disappointed there wasn't much action in this book - I guess really only the attack with Lea and Caleb and the scene at the end. But Armentrout kind of made up for it through the hot training sessions. And I think Armentrout had focused too much on the romance than the rest of the book, so I guess the book itself sans romance wasn't superb, but I'll let it slide because it was what had me so engrossed into this book. Yes, I know, guilty pleasure.

I LOVE Alex. She's a spunky hot head who has a knack for getting in trouble. There are times I want to scream at here, "What the HELL do you think you're doing?!?" BUT contrary to many main characters written like her, I did not find her irritating or foolish at all. I can't really put my finger on it, but I thought her character was well written, and even though she frustrated the hell out of me sometimes, she didn't annoy the crap out of me either.

And the guys. What can I say about the guys. I love them both, although I tend to favor Seth over Aiden just a TINY bit. But I know when it's all said and done, Armentrout will probably write her with Aiden. Still, Seth is a great character - though probably not right for Alex, but that doesn't mean he's not right for me! He was portrayed when he was first introduced in book 1 as an ass, but he had already started growing on me by the end of the first book. In this, he was just always there for Alex, and I found his attitude and banter a real turn-on - very much like Daemon in Obsidian.

As for Aiden, who CAN'T love Aiden. He's just an all around great, wonderful guy. However, I just want to shake him and tell him, "C'mon snap out of it already." I know, I know, he has a lot at stake, but sometimes the whole I'm going to make a sacrifice and try to be a martyr and not be with you is only alluring to a certain point. But then again, if he gave in now, we probably won't have much else to read, now would we.

I can't wait for the next book - even though I'm still torn between the two guys. Anyway, Armentrout does it again. Like I said before, the story itself isn't exceptional, but Armentrout no doubt has a knack for writing the interaction and dialogue with the characters that make you really connect with them, and THAT is what makes a great book.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.

Sharlaine Jennifer really knows how to rock one's world. Liked your review, I'm now eager to read this one. :)

Erin You really liked it so much?! Hm, perhaps I should continue this series then.

Katy I like it because I love Alex (she's a lot like Rose, well, pre depressing, weak Rose from VA), and I just LOVE Seth.

Erin But, won't she end up with the other guy in the end? I'm not sure I wanna start liking the two of them together just to end up disappointed. :S
And you mentioned that (let me look his name up) Aiden! is a good guy as well.
It's worth reading through despite that?

Katy Personally, I think it's worth a read.

Erin Okay, I'll get to it after I finish my current book. Thanks, KT! :)

Katy Well, I liked book 1 more than you did, so I don't know for sure how you'll take this one. But knowing that you're open to books I like, I'm recommending it. :)

Erin I know, that's why I asked. I was a bit skeptical, I didn't like Covenant series as much as Lux.
But you did mention in your review that you LOVED it. :P
I trust you. ;)

Katy Definitely not as good as Lux, but still loved it.

message 10: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin Yeah, Lux is in a league of its own. ;P
Can't wait for Onyx. *sigh*

message 11: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy I know, Armentrout needs to quit pushing the date. Puts me in a depression every time. :(

message 12: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin Pushing the date? What do you mean ;o

message 13: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy Now the RD is August 2012.

message 14: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin Ah, that, I remember. You had me scared there for a second, thinking it was moved yet again!