Julie's Reviews > Partials

Partials by Dan Wells

Aug 07, 13

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 14 to 17, 2012

Good read. Interesting characters, easy to like, and easy to sympathize with. My main problem was a sixteen year old girl having all that medical knowledge. She seemed to mature, to far in her medical skills for a sixteen year old. If she had been closer to 21, even taking into account the totally different world she lives in, it would have been easier to believe. On the other hand, being 16 made it easier to believe the emotional confusion she experienced. I think it was one other reviewer that went through all the other dystopian novels and said check to the ingredients. The one forgotten was, totalitarian government taken down by 16 year old? CHECK. I still like the genre, but this is still a bit of a recipe, however it is a good recipe. I did give it 5 stars, just because it is similar to chocolate cake my mother makes, doesn't mean your mother's doesn't taste just as good.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Partials.

03/16/2012 page 264
56.0% "Interesting so far. I love to see each author's idea of how humanity will destroy itself and then try to rebuild."
08/07/2013 marked as: read