Tobi Summers's Reviews > Not Your Average Fairy Tale

Mar 14, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: ya, fantasy
Read from August 06 to 08, 2012

The very first thing that struck me about this book was what a cool concept it was. A fairy godmother who was not just a boy, but also a student? And a reluctant fairy at that? Awesome. I loved the characters, especially Ash and Kendall. They were realistic without trying too hard, and they had great chemistry together. I found myself rooting for their relationship the whole time.

The book moved at a pretty good pace, though there were a few times it dragged a little in the middle. Then, with about 30 pages left, chaos broke out, setting us up for a sequel. If I could have one wish that Ash would grant for this book, it would have been that the climactic ending had started a little earlier. For most of the book, I assumed this was a fairly typical love story. While I enjoyed that, I found myself far more intrigued by the ending. I assume, should there be a sequel, this will feature prominently, but I would have liked a little more development of it in this first book.

I'm looking forward to reading more from Chantele Sedgwick!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not Your Average Fairy Tale.