Heather's Reviews > Daddy Was the Black Dahlia Killer: The Identity of America's Most Notorious Serial Murderer--Revealed at Last

Daddy Was the Black Dahlia Killer by Michael    Newton

5197678
Mar 22, 2012

it was ok
Read from March 14 to 22, 2012

Not a good book at all. It would've been better if I came at it to read it as just a fictional novel--as a "true" story, it's terrible. The author's number one claim throughout the entirety of the read is, "My dad was a total f*cking psychopath, and all this graphic stuff really happened...but all the evidence to prove it has either been lost over time (such as her supposed documents to show she was absent from school due to her father taking her on his killing sprees with him), or changed by the LAPD (like the part where she printed the "real" autopsy report of the Black Dahlia, which noted that her uterus was of a normal, non-pregnancy-altered size, but then she tells us of her memory of how she watched Beth Short miscarry the author's father's child after 3 months, *right* before the author's father murdered Beth). Nothing in this book coincides with anything that has been presented about the Dahlia case, and even the author's own "memories" contradict each other. It screams of dramatizations and get-rich-quick schemes, the whole read through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daddy Was the Black Dahlia Killer.

message 1: by David (new)

David I am surprised that you even bothered to finished it then. My usualy rule is to read 20%, and if it doesn't impress me i'm out the door.