Jen's Reviews > Chasing Stanley

Chasing Stanley by Deirdre Martin

Mar 26, 12

bookshelves: adult-romance, adult-fiction, library, library-read-it, read-in-2012, series, sweet-vanilla-romance
Read from March 24 to 25, 2012

This is one that didn't get great reviews on GR, but I kind of liked it! Better than the third book in the series, for sure! Maybe Stanley - the adorable Newf made it for me! LOL! Anyway - I think this series is predictable and the recipe is the same for each book, but sometimes that's ok, right?
Poor Delilah is such a mess - and I really feel badly for her anxiety, which is clearly caused by her obnoxious parents. And Jason - oh Jason - I was really worried there for a bit! It was clear that he liked her, but was planning on living it up in the city. But he seemed like a sincere and loving guy, so I knew there would be hope for him....his man-whore of a bother however, not so sure what's going to happen to him!! I think he's the next story....hope he can redeem himself in my eyes! LOL!
Cute story!

Some funny moments:
"Do you know if there's a dog run or anything around here?"
Eric scratched his arm. "No idea."
"How long have you been living here?"
Eric looked at him. "Three years. But you may have noticed I don't have a dog. I'm not needy like you."
Jason gave Eric the finger.

"Let's say for the sake of argument he does like you. Are you going to do anything about it? If he asked you out would you accept?"
Delilah hesitated. "I don't know."
Marcus put the kettle on the stove. "Then why are we even having this conversation?"
"You're right," Delilah pulled up a kitchen chair. "I did take a closer look at him this time," She admitted. "He IS attractive. And nice. And he REALLY loves his dog."
"But."
"But I can't - I don't - he-"
"You'd feel more comfortable if he had four legs rather than two."
"Yes."

"I guess you could say it was my destiny."
Jason laughed appreciatively. "I hear you. there's only one thing I've ever wanted to do in my life, and that's play hockey. I guess that gives us something in common."
"Yes." Delilah managed. Thoughts were breaking up into fragments, making it hard to know what to say next. Ask about work-play-girlfriend-family-home-dog? See Spot run. See Delilah speak. See Delilah try not to sound like a moron.

"Look, I realize I came on pretty strong last night. If you don't want to, you know, that's fine with me. We can just kiss and cuddle and stuff."
"But we have to have sex!" Delilah blurted. "I bought special underwear!"
God, I'm an idiot. Delilah cast her head down, wishing she were in a Godzilla film. that way, the monster could appear out of nowhere RIGHT NOW and crush her flat.

"I wish Eric would meet someone nice like you."
Maybe he could if he stopped trying to bang other peoples fiancees, thought Delilah. She wondered if Mrs. Mitchell was aware of what a horndog her handsome, blue-eyed son was. Probably not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Stanley.