Sara's Reviews > The Language of Flowers

Mar 19, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: audiobook
Read from March 14 to 17, 2012

I felt really torn about this book because there were aspects I really, really liked (the flower meanings, the writing) but there were moments I wanted to throw my mp3 player across the room. This might just mean the author accomplished precisely what she had in mind and in that case, I say bravo!

All of the characters were terribly damaged in this book and that felt taxing to me. There was no one to rely on to be a voice of reason.

However, Diffenbaugh stayed very true to her characters and never cheated and made them behave better than what she had set them up for. I appreciated that. Really, I think she did a wonderful job putting the story together.

So why only 3 stars? It's my go-to rating for a book I liked but would not necessarily read again or suggest to someone else. This book I might suggest to certain people I know but I would not read it again. But, I will probably check out Diffenbaugh's next book, so that's something. Let's call this 3.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Language of Flowers.

message 1: by Scott (new)

Scott girl book