Hayden's Reviews > One Cold Night

One Cold Night by Kate Pepper

Mar 24, 12

Read from March 14 to 16, 2012

Wow. This book was awesome. Terrific. When I bought it for $0.99, I was expecting nothing more than amateur writing, a recycled plot, and/or a totally predictable ending. From the beginning through to the end, ONE COLD NIGHT was none of those things.

After reading this book, I have filed Katia Lief in my mind with the likes of Jodi Picoult and Meg Gardiner. She falls about right in between those two.

I couldn't put this thriller down. Without giving too much away, this book played on all of my emotions. With the adoption twist, I felt Susan's love and heartache for Lisa. With the unsolved Becky Rothka case, I felt Dave's frustration and determination as well as Marie Rothka's constant hope. With the discovery of Susan's secret, I felt both Peter's joy at having a daughter and his anger at having missed so much. And when Theo Childress finally came into the light, I felt everyone's disgust.

I plan on snatching up all the $0.99 Katia Lief books I can find. I don't know why they are priced so low, but Katia Lief and ONE COLD NIGHT have sucked me in to buying them.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Cold Night.