Emily's Reviews > Heaven Is Here: An Incredible Story of Hope, Triumph, and Everyday Joy

Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson

F_50x66
Mar 14, 12

Read in March, 2012

I received "Heaven is Here" by Stephanie Nielson through the Library Thing Early Reviewers program. Upon hearing that I had won a copy of the book to read and review, I was a bit concerned that I would find Nielson's Mormon background and the role of faith in her life preachy and over the top. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Nielson's religion and faith in God are a constant under current in the book, and a necessary part of understanding how she overcame the challenges she faced.

Stephanie Nielson was a young mother of 4 children, happily married to the love of her life, when the bottom literally dropped out of her storybook existence. Following a fiery plane crash that nearly killed her and her husband, Nielson fought her way back to health and back into her children's lives. The memoir is a well written, gripping reminder of all we take for granted in life, as well as the importance of family and faith. I came away wanting to savor moments with my children, and wishing I had a fraction of the faith that Nielson demonstrates on a daily basis.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven Is Here.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karren I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for this review. Looking forward to reading it.