Shelby Young (The Haunted Rose)'s Reviews > Beautiful Chaos

bookshelves: caster-chronicles
Recommended for: YA Paranormal Lovers
Read from March 12 to 14, 2012

Cover Thoughts-
The cover reminds me of the dark casters eyes in the series. I love it. The background is probably the door to the Temporis Porta which is also another good idea for the cover. I don't think you could do better for a cover without being unoriginal.

First Thought-
Holy craptastic! The 3rd one is in my arms. I couldn't decide if I should cuddle with it or read it. *Note- I chose the 2nd choice.

What I liked-
The Ending. Oh my god the ending. I cried miserably into my blanket. It blew me away and had me searching online for the next one right away. The book was so beautifully done! To be honest this one is my favorite of the whole series. Throughout the book Ethan is slipping. He is losing memories and touch with his former self. There is almost a poeticness to the writing in this one. It symbolizes Ethan being lost and unable to concentrate. I loved how the authors didn't forget the guilt Lena feels, or forget to include her fights with Olivia. There was so many memorable parts of the story that I know for sure I won't forget his scenes for a long while. I love how Ridley was still dark even as a Mortal. I love how Link is still his loyal big headed self. So much to love!

What I disliked-
I really didn't get the part where Ethan's dad starts writing a book about 18 moons. What does that have to do with the Civil War and Ethan's dad doesn't even know anything about the Caster World. I really really disliked Amma just throwing away her virtues and going to the dark side just to save Ethan. She was so fiercely superstitious that it was hard to believe she could act that way.

Overall Readability-
It had a slow beginning, a moderate middle, and a fast ending. I believe the soft hearted will be crying but if you hate cliff hangers, well I just hope you don't throw the book at the wall.

My Final Thought-
What? Nah uh? Are you freaking kidding me? Omg! When's the next one? October? NOOOOOO!

5 out of 5 Haunted Roses
www.thehauntedrose.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Chaos.