dara's Reviews > The Plague

Jul 03, 12

bookshelves: classics, read-in-2012
Read from March 14 to July 03, 2012

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Plague.

Quotes dara Liked

Albert Camus
“They knew now that if there is one thing one can always yearn for, and sometimes attain, it is human love.”
tags: love

Albert Camus
“At that moment he knew what his mother was thinking, and that she loved him. But he knew, too, that to love someone means relatively little; or, rather, that love is never strong enough to find the words befitting it. Thus he and his mother would always love each other silently. And one day she--or he--would die, without ever, all their lives long, having gone farther than this by way of making their affection known.”
tags: love

Albert Camus
“For many years I've been ashamed, mortally ashamed, of having been, even with the best intentions, even at many removes, a murderer in my turn. As time went on I merely learned that even those who were better than the rest could not keep themselves nowadays from killing or letting others kill, because such is the logic by which they live; and that we can't stir a finger in this world without the risk of bringing death to somebody.”

03/14/2012 page 50

message 1: by Anthony (new) - added it

Anthony Chavez I look forward to your review of this, I have this one and "The Stranger" on my shelf waiting for a read.

message 2: by dara (new) - added it

dara I love the Stranger. I did this book an injustice by finishing it so long after I had started it and put it aside. :(