Shellie (Layers of Thought)'s Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

1987170
Jul 06, 12

bookshelves: genre-erotica, genre-womens-chic-lit-romance, read-in-2012, read-abandoned
Read from May 31 to July 06, 2012

05/31/2012 page 30 "oh no reader has a whiny annoying voice! I hate that....may not finish this one."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose (new)

Rose Look forward to your thoughts. I couldn't do this one. Bad writing

Shellie (Layers of Thought) lol.... I am thinking that this is going in the out pile.

One more go at it in audio. The voice quality is really not pleasant.

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose Did you finish it? What did you think overall? It amazes me how many of these books a day we sell.

Shellie (Layers of Thought) I abandoned it.... the voice was too annoying and I have so many other books to read.

message 5: by edifanob (new)

edifanob To be honest one star is far too much.

Shellie (Layers of Thought) I had to give it a try, in audio, to see what the interest was.

Did you try it out Edi?

message 7: by edifanob (new)

edifanob To be honest I will not try it. On Sunday evening I saw a report about the book and the author on German TV.
One thing they showed was a part of an interview. What shall I expect when an author answers several questions in a row with maybe!

Juliet Sampson I am thinking of giving up on this book.

message 9: by Shellie (Layers of Thought) (last edited Jul 29, 2012 10:21AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Shellie (Layers of Thought) No sure what to say Juliet -
Perhaps that life is too short for books you're not enjoying?

message 10: by edifanob (new)

edifanob Hello Juliet,

I do not really understand you. Did you finish the book or not?
I must say I do not rate books which I do not finish.
I also do not rate books while reading them.