Rachel's Reviews > The Maid of Fairbourne Hall

The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen

To escape an overbearing step father and an insistent suitor, Margaret Macy runs away disguised as a maid. After many days of travel she finds herself playing the part of a maid at the home of someone from her past.

So, when I first picked out this book I wasn't really paying attention to who the author was, and it wasn't until I recieved the book and looked at the other books she had written that I realized I had read another book by her "The Apothecary's Daughter" which I also really enjoyed.

I enjoyed this book a great deal. Things happen a little slowly and it was hard to get into at first, but eventually it had me hooked. Now when I say things happen slowly, I mean S-L-O-W-L-Y. Multiple times I just stared at the page like "He knows, she knows he knows, let something happen!"

The characters were written in a way that made them believable. Each character had a back story that gave them depth and personality.

A slow pace seems to be a trend with her writing. "The Maid of Fairebourne Hall" is written well and overall enjoyable, despite its slow pace. I will definitely be reading more books by her.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maid of Fairbourne Hall.