E_bookpushers's Reviews > Skies of Fire

Skies of Fire by Zoe Archer

Apr 15, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, e-book, military, own-it, romance, series, steampunk
Read in April, 2012

Lots of fun to read. I was sucked into their adventure from the start with a giant ship battle. The past history the hero and heroine had was also wonderful along with their changes as three years has passed since they last met. The heroine was very strong but she didn't try to outman the guys which I also really enjoyed. The inventions were very fascinating and I liked that they didn't come without a price. I also really liked that the person who discovered and invented how to meld man and machine into Man O' War (love the play on words from old navy terms) was a woman. Her eccentricity was mentioned and I wonder if she will play a visible role in later books. Both the hero and heroine discussed plans and allowed each to shine in their area of expertise which was really nice to see. He didn't assume that she couldn't function because she was a girl and she didn't assume he was stupid because he was a guy. If I had a paperback copy it would certainly go on my keeper shelf :).

I initially marked this as a 4 star but when I was writing my short thoughts above I realized that I didn't have any quibbles so I moved it to a 5 star. I am seriously looking forward to seeing what comes next in this world :D.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skies of Fire.