Madeline Natzke's Reviews > The Rainbow Fish

The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

F 50x66
Mar 14, 12

bookshelves: friendship, being-yourself

I always remember the Rainbow Fish, from when I was a child because of the beautiful pictures. I always wanted to read the book because of the shiny scales on the fish. When I rereasd the book recently, I almost felt like I was a child again. I like this book because it is so appealing to children. Its always going to be one of those books that the child tries to pick up off the shelf. The book talks really focuses on being yourself and being a friend to others. Its also a greast book for an "ocean" theme, but can be used at any time.

Extension: Send a "homework" assignment home with your class. Have the parents and child find things that represent the child and glue them on a piece of paper.(example:Superman sticker, skittles wrapper, and a picture of the child doing something they love) Have a big fish cut out of butcher paper. Glue the children's homework down as "scales". on the fish. Hang it up as your rainbow fish. Let the children share things about themselves. This will help the conept of being a friend to others as well as being proud of who you are.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rainbow Fish.