Tima's Reviews > Dawn Comes Early

Dawn Comes Early by Margaret Brownley

Mar 14, 12

Read in January, 2012

Kate is a dime novelist and has written something too racy for the the Boston community to handle. So she flees her hometown in disgrace. She sees an ad advertising for a young unmarried woman to become an heiress to a cattle ranch. She sees this as the perfect opportunity and heads to Arizona. The small catch is that she has no ranch experience and she must remain unmarried for the rest of her life in order to inherit the ranch.

The book started out a bit slow in the beginning, but picked up towards the middle. I really enjoyed the ranch hands that Kate worked with each day. They, and the aunts, were my favorite characters. I had to laugh several times at the predicaments that Luke's aunts kept getting themselves into. The story flowed well for the most part and was a sweet romance. It did seem a little light on the Christian aspect and the romance seemed a bit sparse. But the descriptions of the country and character depth of most of the characters made up for this. I look forward to seeing what the author does with the series.

I received this book free of charge in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dawn Comes Early.