Kevin Bessey's Reviews > The Night Eternal

The Night Eternal by Guillermo del Toro

8196123
Mar 16, 12

Read in March, 2012

Now that I've finished The Night Eternal (final book of The Strain Trilogy) I felt like reading this trilogy was like spending too much time on Facebook - a never ending distraction with the feeling of guilt for being so non-productive (I'm also taking a jab at the book's overused similes and metaphors; seriously take a look at every page or two and you'll find one).

After checking Amazon.com, I believe the reason so many people offer spoilers in their reviews are because the The Strain Trilogy is so poorly written and badly organized, that the reader cannot help but vent their outrage and frustration from reading these books (see my review on The Fall).

With that being said - I won't offer any spoilers on The Night Eternal, but I will say that if you've already read the other two books, chances are you're going to read the third one anyways just to see how this B-movie ends.

To be honest, at this point it would be insulting to call The Strain Trilogy a B-movie because some B-movies can actually be entertaining. This would be like one of those semi-low budget with horrible actors, atrocious writers, but decent effects movies. To stick with the overused similes, I would say that like a B-movie, there were times where I laughed where there was no joke intended.

Now that I've finished the series, I will do a more thorough review on The Strain to warn others about what they are getting themselves into.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Eternal.