Robert Delikat's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Steve Hockensmith

Mar 14, 2012

bookshelves: fiction, fantasy
Read in March, 2012

What can I say. I'm in love with Katherine Kellgren's voice. Who knows, maybe I'm in love with the whole package. There's a lot you can tell from only a person's voice. Though I never have, I believe that I could listen to a crappy book and love it if only it were narrated by Katherine Kellgren. Actually, Ms. Kellgren does not narrate a book as much as she performs it. Every character is individually acted and, without being told, at any given time, we know who the speaker in the story is by the way we hear them speak. Her renditions of the sounds of zombies and war cries are priceless. Ms. Kellgren is gifted.

That being said, this rendition of Pride and Prejudice is more that of the author Steve Hockensmith than that of Jane Austen. Jane Austen is definitely in there with the Benetts and their daughters and that whole soap opera thing. But this is a variation on the theme that is totally funny, entertaining and original. I am not a fan of the zombie genre. I have shied away from this series for that reason. While I like her writing, I'm not a huge fan of Jane Austen though I've read most of her books. But then there's Katherine Kellgren. (Oh yes, that's right I mentioned her.) Plus, I had the opportunity to get this one at $4.95 on Audible. It was worth every penny. Need a simple, fun, pick-me-up for the doldrums? Try PaPaZ. It won't disappoint.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.