Annah's Reviews > Blood and Allegiance

Blood and Allegiance by Annette V. Hart

Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, young-adult, physical-copy, fantasy-or-sci-fi
Read from April 06 to 11, 2012

First of all I just want to point out that I was also reading Harry Potter while reading Blood and Allegiance.
I think the title fits perfectly with the story line. Bryony finds out who her family is and she decides where her loyalties lie by the end of the book.
I am not sure that this book would really be taken well by a child. The story is easy enough to grasp but it's a little bit of a downer and most kids seem to like happier stories. Not only that but I seem to recall at least one pretty gruesome incident.
I found the writing to be a bit weak and stiff. Although, Hart did a great job of painting a picture in your mind with all her in depth detail and descriptions. It was a little much at times, but it was mostly pleasant.
The dialogue was definitely not the best. It seemed as if the characters couldn't decide if they were in medieval times or current times.
I also noticed a few words that most children this book is targeted at wouldn't know. They would have to look some things up. I didn't find it too terribly much but it was there.
I think Blood and Allegiance would be a pretty easy read for some children but I wouldn't highly recommend it, especially for better read children.
I received this book through a Goodreads first reads giveaway.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood and Allegiance.