Discombobulatedbooks's Reviews > Gone

Gone by Michael  Grant
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone.

Quotes Discombobulatedbooks Liked

Michael  Grant
“Sam was slow getting up. To Quinn he looked like an old man standing up after slipping on the ice. But he looked up at Quinn and performed a sort of salute.
I owe you, Quinn."
I'm sorry I didn't get him," Quinn answered.
Sam shook his head. "Man, don't ever be sorry you don't want to kill someone.”

Michael  Grant
“We didn't Make this World we're just the Poor Fools who are living in it.”

Michael  Grant
“Sam had a DVD in his hand. He said, "Yesterday I sent Edilio to the power plant to get two things. First, a cache of automatic weapons from the guardhouse.
"Machine guns?"
"Yeah. Not just for us to have, but to make sure the other side doesn't get them."
"Now we have an arms race," Astrid said.
Her tone seemed to irritate Sam. "You want me to leave them for Caine?"
"I wasn't criticizing, just... you know. Ninth graders with machine guns; it's hard to make that a happy story."
Sam relented. He even grinned. "Yeah. The phrase 'ninth graders with machine guns' isn't exactly followed by 'have a nice day'.”

Michael  Grant
“Welcome to Perdido beach, where our motto is: Radiation, what radiation?”

Michael  Grant
“It's vital to keep a sense of humour when the world seems to have suddenly become a very strange place.”

Michael  Grant
“That's your solution? Have a cookie?' Astrid asked. 'No, my solution is to run down to the beach and hide out until this is all over,' Sam said. 'But a cookie never hurts.”

Michael  Grant
“But if all they did was kill time, time would end up killing them.”

Michael  Grant
“The point is,” Caine continued, “you and I share something in common, Sam. We were born just three minutes apart.”
Sam felt a tingle go up his spine.
“Three minutes,” Caine said, moving closer. “You go first. And then me.”
“No,” Sam said. “It can’t be.”
“It can,” Caine said. “It is. And you are… brother.”