Amanda's Reviews > The Summer Prince

The Summer Prince by Carol Oates

Mar 14, 12

bookshelves: 2011, kindle, omnific-publishing
Read in July, 2011

My full review for the Summer Lovin' anthology can be found here - http://bookh00rder.blogspot.com/2011/... The Summer Prince was part of that limited edition collection.

"In The Summer Prince by Carol Oates we kick off with 15 year old Niamh going to the Beltaine celebration. She and her best friend sneak in because those under 16 aren't allowed. From across the field she spies a handsome stranger who is watching her intensely. Niamh doesn't know who he is or what she should do. I admit that at first I was nervous about his appearance, not knowing whether he was the "good" or "bad" guy. You can almost feel her nervousness at being there.

Niamh's friend suddenly does something shocking, turning everything upside down. Then she's running through the woods, and into the mysterious boy from before. But how can she trust him? Her fear is so palpable I could practically taste it. But when Regan reveals himself to her, a whole new world opens up.

He is caring, compassionate, and incredibly attractive. Try as she might, Niamh can't help but be pulled to him. Even when she believes she's in danger, she can't walk away to save herself.

This story is so beautiful and emotional. I am hand flapping right now because I'm afraid of giving away too much! Carol's writing is so beautiful and flowing that you feel like you are there with Niamh. I couldn't get enough. I want more. I have such a soft spot for lure and Irish stories. I can't even tell you.

Princesses, Princes, Fae. Sigh."
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer Prince.