Kari's Reviews > The Witches of the Glass Castle

Jun 29, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from June 28 to 29, 2012

**1 Star**

I received this book through Goodreads' First-reads giveaways and was very excited to start reading it.

However, I just couldn't finish it. I couldn't get into the book or the story line. Normally I push through to the end of books even if I don't like them, just because I want to know what happens at the end. I couldn't get into this book enough to care to push through.

The main characters (Mia & Dino) aren't believable or likable. I understand that there are 2 main segments of witches and you fall into one of the two - but then it is broken down even further as to what your powers are. The powers are never really explained well, and you are left wondering what the characters can do (and they don't even know themselves). The person who is supposed to be teaching them how to use their powers, is absent through most of what I read. Both Mia & Dino keep sneaking out and she never catches on, or has anything to say. She never even tells them what their powers are or how they can use them. Just let them roam the castle with the other witches that are trying to figure everything out on their own as well.

I am sorry to say, this is not a book I could finish or would recommend. I really did try to finish as it was a first-reads, but just didn't care enough about it to do so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witches of the Glass Castle.

06/28/2012 page 24
06/29/2012 page 76
30.0% "So far... meh..."
06/29/2012 page 125
49.0% "I want to put it down, but because it was a Firstreads giveaway, I feel like I should at least finish it."