Jenn's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Mar 24, 12

bookshelves: kindle
Read from March 22 to 24, 2012

I was supposed to be reading review books. But after finding this book for Roberto I asked myself what problem would it cause if I just read a few pages of this one. I wanted to find out why Roberto wanted to read it. Well, that was a mistake and a half. Not only did I not want to read any review books, I didn't want to work. I seriously considered not going to sleep. My phone and iPad were monopolized by this book. I drained both batteries trying to get through it in the shortest amount of time possible. While guilt filled me for neglecting the other ebooks.

John Green's book was brilliant. Sad, yet so full of life. Cancer has affected everyone I know. They all have a tale or two, some more tragic than others. I have been blessed thus far by not having known personally a youngster who has had to battle cancer. After reading this novel, I'm wondering if I can still classify myself as being blessed? The teens John wrote about had so much insight into life. They were intelligent, serious, fun-loving and could teach anyone about how to live. Their love for each other and the world around them was contagious.

What can I say? I laughed. I cried. And I cried some more. This was one of the best books I've ever read. John Green has perfectly voiced a sixteen-year-old girl who is fumbling through the first love of her life. If I knew Augustus when I was 16, I would have fallen in love with him too. This is a must read for everybody. Just make sure you have some Kleenex in your pocket. You're going to need it.
2 likes · Likeflag

Kenny Can't wait to read

Jenn I still talk about this one to anyone who asks for a book recommendation. :)