Li's Reviews > Pimps, Hos, Playa Hatas, and All the Rest of My Hollywood Friends

Pimps, Hos, Playa Hatas, and All the Rest of My Hollywood Fri... by John Leguizamo

Mar 14, 2012

Read from March 14 to 17, 2012

Many of the stories that are featured in Ghetto Klown (John's latest one-man show) appear in this book, but I don't care.
I love John Leguizamo's writing.
It's honest, funny, heartfelt, and real.
I don't think everything he says is the truth. I like to think of it more as "fictionalized memoirs" or "heightened honesty". LOL Whatever! I love it.
I'm a huge fan. I remember House of Buggin AND The Pest (saw it more than once).
My favorite chapter is the one where he talks about his wedding. The bravado veneer came down and we got a real glimpse of the insecure and honest John. Made me smile.
The reason why his plays are so successful and this book is so entertaining is because it's real. It's just John being John and I don't think we can ask more from our writers. Just write your truth and John does just that.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pimps, Hos, Playa Hatas, and All the Rest of My Hollywood Friends.

03/14 page 25
9.0% "Needed a break from the terrible books I'm reading for the reading challenge. Loving this so far. Many of these stories were used in Ghetto Klown so I'm reliving the show. :)"
07/03 marked as: read