Rose Ann's Reviews > Paris in Love

Paris in Love by Eloisa James

Apr 26, 12

bookshelves: giveaways-contests, read-in-2012
Read from March 16 to April 26, 2012 — I own a copy

Chosen to participate in @atrandom EarlyBirdRead on Twitter.

I absolutely loved this memoir.
I have never read any of her romance novels though.
The author is so entertaining, funny, witty. I felt like I was looking at snapshots of her life through a photo album/journal.
It is written in small snippets, and occasionally a short essay here and there.

I made notes throughout the book of favorite stories, etc...but had to stop, because I could have quoted the entire thing!

Such a charming memoir. Truly makes me want to visit Paris....especially around the holidays.
It was so much more than Paris too....like the author says in the end:

"Surrounded by people speaking a different language, our family started talking to each other. We drew into a very small tribe (population: four), who ate together, and squabbled together, and mostly played together. We learned to waste our moments--together. And then we brought that lesson home with us."

I love all of her suggestions in the back of the book of places to see, to eat at, to shop, etc.

I really enjoyed the stories of her children, Milo, the restaurants, the fashion.....all of it!
I will add some of my favorite little snippets later.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paris in Love.

03/16/2012 page 20
show 9 hidden updates…

message 1: by Lyndz (new)

Lyndz You are always winning cool stuff on twitter, I may just have to join one of these days. :)
'grats on the book

Rose Ann Lyndz_♥ wrote: "You are always winning cool stuff on twitter, I may just have to join one of these days. :)
'grats on the book"

lol...I know...I've gotten lucky lately!
You should join!