Michelle's Reviews > White Witch

White Witch by Trish Milburn

Mar 18, 12

Read in March, 2012

This is one of those amazing books, that I put off reading because the cover did not draw me in enough. ( Yes, I am guilty of judging books by their covers! ) While it is seriously striking and intense. To me it looks like the cover to a graphic novel ( Don't get me wrong, I love graphic novels and manga ) and that just wasn't the feel I was looking for at the time. I am so glad I took the time to sit down and read this story! I finished it in just a few hours, never taking a break.

White Witch by Trish Milburn is a story that kept me hooked with it's quirky characters and fast paced plot. Filled with geekery and fun, I will always give kudos to authors who bring Joss Whedon into their books >.< ( Buffy fan and proud! )

Jax was an easy character for me to get attached to, a strong female MC not afraid to step out of the "norms" of her life and do what she feels is right. While at the same time feeling honest and real and having faults - Falling for your enemy.. not the smartest choice >.<

Keller .. Wonderful Keller. The Witch and the Witch hunter. The lion fell in love with the... lion? lol Seriously. It was such an interesting relationship that gradually grew. Insta attraction does not always have to mean insta love!

And Toni - Keller's cousin and Jax's spunky new friend. There is no way I could not mention her. She helped make this book for me. A drummer with pink stripes in her hair and a love of all things Joss Whedon - This girl is my new Book best friend! I loved the relationship that Trish Milburn created between Toni and Jax. As well as the swoon worthy interest she well deservedly gets! I truly hope we see ALOT more of Toni in book #2

Fast paced, fun and full of action and romance White Witch is a book and series that is bound to get some love and fans!

There were only a few things that held this book back from getting a 5 star review from me.

1: It ended too soon! Since I know there are more to come in the series I kind of wish book 1 and 2 were combined. While I loved that it was a story I could finish in one sitting, at the same time I was left wanting.

2: Jax is described as incredibly beautiful, and this fact is pointed out much in the book. Guys love her, Girls hate her for her beauty. It is said that it is all in the Genes, the magic gives the coven their beauty. But I feel this not explained well enough. While eventually it dies down, I feel like it was focused on too much in the first half of the story without enough explanation.

That being said I still Loved this story and am anxiously awaiting book 2 to see what happens next!

I hope some of you run out and get this book and share with me your thoughts! I would love to laugh and swoon over it with you :)

Rating : 4/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Witch.