Alliana Vivares's Reviews > The Name of This Book Is Secret

The Name of This Book Is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch

Mar 14, 12

Read in March, 2012

I like the writing style. I really do. PB is a hilarious author. I like the beginning and his little notes below some pages. The story and the using of synthesia was great.

It was the main characters that sucked. Okay, I do like Cass and Max-Ernest. They had some moments where I wished they were my friends too. But they were inconsistent! And sometimes brainless! Cass is supposed to be a survivalist, right? So that means she has to have common sense, which is essential in survivalists! That and a sound personality! But no, she barges into things without a plan (her plan wasn't that good; anything could see through it! And Max-Ernest admired that plan? But I'll rant about him later!). She didn't even research the Skelton Sisters to make her act more realistic! She also doesn't prepare well enough. The only time her survival kit or whatever was actually useful was near the end when they needed a peanut to throw into the fire. That's IT. I would be a better survivalist than her. And her age is not an excuse. I could probably come up with something better than that when I was age nine! H-O-N-E-S-T-L-Y.

Max-Ernest is slightly better. He is more cautious and he is logical. That's fine. What's illogical was how he easily fell into the trap of the Midnight Sun. You know, the notebook thing. HA. Anyone with a logical mind could sense something funny! And if Ms. Mauvis was so nice, why bother going to save Cass huh?

I can only rate this 3/5. It would've been way less if it weren't for the uniqueness of adding synthesia and the quirks of the author's narration. Thankfully it improves in the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Name of This Book Is Secret.