Jill Furedy's Reviews > Apologize, Apologize!

Apologize, Apologize! by Elizabeth Kelly

Mar 13, 12

Read in March, 2012

The Flanagan family was entertaining for a while, but after a while, when no one grew or changed, the character quirks grew repetitive and the story rambled off into, well, nowhere. I just ended up frustrated at most of the characters. Even when Collie makes a couple of attempts to break out of the Flanagan orbit, he continually returns to the family home, like the pigeons his uncle trains. Neither Collie nor the pigeons can explain to us why they do what they do, but the difference, perhaps, being that the pigeons get treated better and have less reason to deviate from the known path. Sure the writer turns a few interesting phrases, but the book took me nowhere. I like character driven novels, but I guess only if it's characters I like or relate to, or get to see a new perspective from. And I didn't feel like this delivered any of those, so with no clear plot to speak of, I had nothing to make this one worth my time.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apologize, Apologize!.