Brittany B.'s Reviews > The Alpha Alternative: JZB Sex Scene

The Alpha Alternative by Karen Marie Moning

Jul 16, 12

Holy Crap!!!
Im participating in a Fever Reread. Halfway through Darkfever, I decided to reread the JZB POV sex scene Ms Moning wrote for winning the Alpha Contest. I went to her website and was annoyed to find that the story isn't free anymore. So I bought what I thought was just the scene that I had already read.... I definitely was not disappointed when I saw that there were two files... What a treat! Not only did I get the print version of the Alpha Alternative scene, but I also received a 30-minute audio recording of Phil Gigante performing the JZB scene!! And it is Smoking!!!!

Highly recommended! Best 2 dollars I've spent in a while...

************************************************************
Old Review:

Watch out Fever Fans! Don't get overexcited. Keep your expectations at a reasonable level. Imagine it's a homework
assignment.

I read this on KMM's website. I didn't think it would become a novella, much less an audio book. For fans of the series, this is set during the very first book. It's an example of how Barrons' thinks, according to KMM.
It isn't mind-blowing. But it's more JZB. How can that be a bad thing?

Does it deserve 4stars?? I think 3.5 would be fair. But I'm not rational when it comes to Jerricho Barrons. I feel like a disloyal lover giving it less than 5 stars.
Truth is this is more like a writing exercise than an actual story. It's like a really well-written homework assignment.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alpha Alternative.

Sarah I LOVED this audio!! The narrators voice was enough to melt me into a puddle LOL. It really made me want to buy the rest of the series as audiobooks :-)

Shanah Davis The audiobooks are only amazing from Dreamfever to Iced and beyond...
Otherwise you have to listen to Joyce Bean's grandmotherly voice trying to portray a pretty 22 year old and a sexy Barrons and V'Lane.

It sucks petunia, but I bought all of them anyway.

Kathryn That's true. I couldn't handle her voice either. I HIGHLY recommend ICED as an audio book, however! Hot, hot, SMOKIN' HOT!