lia's Reviews > Hostage to Pleasure

Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh

Mar 18, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from March 13 to 18, 2012

Surprisingly i like this book 5 from Psy-Changeling series.

Initially i was a bit bored with it because i read them in a row and it all started to look similar.
But this story kind of give a refreshment in the series.

It is still pairing between DarkLeopard sentinel and Psy. Dorian is a latent Leopard, it means that he cannot shift to his leopard form. To compensate that he becomes an overachiever and finally a sentinel. While Ashaya Ailen is an M-Psy that heads the Protocol I research with 9.9 gradient ability.

In book 4, we know that Dorian met Ashaya Ailen during a rescue mission. Ashaya was the one who safe human's children kidnapped and tortured by another psy sociopath by contacting Tally, Clay's mate. As a reward for her help, Ashaya asked the pack to rescue her son from the council.

In this book, her son was rescued so Ashaya continue with her next step, escaping the council. However, Ashaya got one hitch, her twin sister Amara.

I like the Ashaya vs. Amara angle, it brings new flavor to the story. The story also got more complicated with Human Alliance thrown in the mix.

I know that this is a romance book, so the story ends the way it does with everyone got their HEA. Despite of that i was hopping for more bite in the end rather than ice cream vanilla like it always does. But i guess i have to read another genre to fulfill that..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hostage to Pleasure.

03/13/2012 page 48
15.0% "i really do wish they have a better cover and better title for this kind of books"