Regina's Reviews > Wool

Wool by Hugh Howey

Mar 14, 12

bookshelves: first-in-series, freebies, dystopia, owned-kindle, short-story, post-apocalyptic, will-continue-series
Read from March 13 to 14, 2012

I read this novella for two reasons. First, Michelle's review and second, because the ebook was offered for free from Amazon. I am so glad for these nudges because the book was a lot of fun. The kind of fun that only a decent post-apoc and creepy dystopian story can deliver. One of my favorite kinds of literary fun.

The set up to the story is simple as the novella is only 59 pages. It is told from the point of view of one character - -both in the present time of the story and through brief flashbacks to three years earlier. I do not want to give anything away; the story is dystopian (taking place in a very limited society after a post-apoc event) so readers can assume there will be a delightful twist at the end. And there was a twist, actually there were a few of them.

This is a quick read due to both its length and the fast pace of the text. If you enjoy this genre, I think you will enjoy this novella. I plan to read #2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool.

03/13/2012 page 15
23.0% 9 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Regina It is a great little book, love the ending. I am trying to see if I can write an even more enthusiastic review than yours! I don't think it is possible. :)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Regina wrote: "It is a great little book, love the ending. I am trying to see if I can write an even more enthusiastic review than yours! I don't think it is possible. :)"

haha... well you have to make sure your review is shorter than the short story! I'm glad you liked it!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Regina, the film rights to this have been picked up by the one and only Ridley Scott! http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/toldj...

Regina I saw that!! Exciting stuff.