Noelle's Reviews > Dream a Little Dream

Dream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

This isn't the first book by this author that I've read but I do believe that this is the first one that I've really liked.

Rachel (h) is coming back to the same small town that she had lived in with her late husband. Now you would expect the locals to love the wife of a popular priest but not here, they found out the hard way that her husband was a fake and a user.

Gabe (H) after losing his wife and child to a drunk driver,he's been living minute by minute torn between eating a bullet or surviving in a world without his wife and son.

Gabe decides to buy and renovate the local drive in as a way to keep his brothers off his case and as a way to just keep moving.

When Rachel's car decides to give it's final death rattle in the parking lot of the run down drive in,she isn't sure what she's going to do. This is just another of a long string of problems that has been thrown at her. Down to her last few dollars,her and her young son have been living in that car and now they don't even have that. As she's contemplating what they'll do next the angry owner of the drive in catches her son pudding in his bushes......and she notices a "help wanted sign". Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

The reason this didn't get a full 5* is mainly because of the last few chapters. The ending was just too "sweet" for a lack of a better word. Every thing was wrapped up to neatly, the whole..."look how we miss judged this sweet and perfect woman".....it made my stomach hurt a little. The other thing is the religious theme. I HATE books with it but this one didn't seem to bother me,I thought it was well done (until a certain point that had to do with the "power to heal") and the sex scenes were done well too ,usually there isn't any in a book with religious themes,Imo.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dream a Little Dream.