Lisa's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

1989238
Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: epub, nook-book, 2012-reading-journal
Read from April 11 to May 01, 2012

I had a friend call me last week asking if I had read this book......I hadn't even heard about it, and reading the description didn't think I'd be interested. Tonight, another friend was describing a book she had heard about on the Today Show, which turned out to be this same book. She downloaded it, but hadn't started it yet. Now my curiosity is peeked. At least I can read it discreetly on my Nook:)

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stephanie Entertainment Weekly did a big story on this book in the last issue I received. I plan on starting it as soon as I finish my current fluffy read. My curiosity has definitely been piqued and I want to be in the know on this latest in pop culture buzz!

Lisa Stephanie wrote: "Entertainment Weekly did a big story on this book in the last issue I received. I plan on starting it as soon as I finish my current fluffy read. My curiosity has definitely been piqued and I want ..."

My sister read it and is on the second book now. She said she liked it, with a sly grin.

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen You ladies need to get to it. I totally need someone to chat to about it! And Lisa, I think the sly grin is well deserved.

Kristen I read the trilogy and loved it. It was my first time reading a book like this and actually really enjoyed it. There is so much more to the book than I originally thought :)

message 5: by Deb (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deb Stephanie wrote: "Entertainment Weekly did a big story on this book in the last issue I received. I plan on starting it as soon as I finish my current fluffy read. My curiosity has definitely been piqued and I want ..."

Stephanie-

This is exactly why I went ahead and read the series. I had heard so much prior and then saw it in EW. Loved the series! I hope you enjoy it too.

Marly I heard about this on my morning radio show, women were calling in saying the funniest things (sly types of funny) I had to buy it. I'll be starting it tonight.

message 7: by Kelley (new) - added it

Kelley Nance I read them all in 3 days and for those 3 days Mike kept asking me if I was still reading book 3 of the Hunger Games!!! ;-) Lisa, when you are done reading them we can all have a sly grin!!!!

Lisa Kelley wrote: "I read them all in 3 days and for those 3 days Mike kept asking me if I was still reading book 3 of the Hunger Games!!! ;-) Lisa, when you are done reading them we can all have a sly grin!!!!"

Just started the first one and I went to see The Hunger Games tonight. BTW, how did you reply to Mike?

message 9: by Kelley (new) - added it

Kelley Nance Loved the Hunger Games! We laughed every time Stanley Tucci opened his mouth! Those teeth and that obnoxious blue hair! The next movie on our girl's-Monday-out is Dark Shadows- can't wait to see Mr. Depp as a vampire. Did you all watch that back when it was on tv? Everyone keeps telling me how cheesy it was. My reply to Mike was "oh yes, I am still on book 3!" only I was on book 3 of Fifty Shades!!! I froze when he asked me and I am pretty sure my face turned scarlet!!

Diane I could not out all 3 books down. I wasn't sure about reading the first one but changed my mind after reading the first few pages.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth what do you think of this book? it seems the reviews are either love or hate. nothing in between.

Diane I've got to confess...I couldn't put all 3 books down. I loved the intensity of the seduction, and yes I know what you mean about reading on my iPad discreetly! I was reading this book, at one point, while getting a pedi & the young pedicurist asked what I was reading because I was totally engrossed in this book! I discreetly closed my iPad, redirecting the conversation. What did you think?