Mary's Reviews > Unicorn Bait

Unicorn Bait by S.A. Hunter

Mar 13, 12

Read on March 13, 2012

Well, it was a free amazon ebook, and I figured I had nothing to lose. I forget however that there is always time...

I haven't skimmed through a book in a very, very long time, but after about the first 25-20% of the book I just couldn't take it anymore. I was curious where things would go, as I'll admit the idea of the story was kind of intriguing, but the tedious meandering background thoughts and reasoning was driving me crazy. I finished the book by skipping most things that weren't actual dialog between the characters.

I was ready for the story to end a lot sooner than it did. If it had ended with Naomi going home, I could have been OK with that and probably would have even upped the rating a star, but that last bit of the book with her rationalizing what "growing up" meant and all the daddy's little girl stuff was too much. On top of that you then have the whole secondary plot of her return visit. It might have been OK if it hadn't been put off to the end as almost a second story altogether, but it was rushed, too "easy" and far too woman saves the day for my taste.

There were a lot of really cool ideas, but the assembly didn't make the most out of them. I see why it was a "free" book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unicorn Bait.