Talia's Reviews > Confessor

Confessor by Terry Goodkind

Mar 13, 12

Read in June, 2009

After 15 years of reading this series, I have finally completed it. Wow.

Was the book everything I hoped for and more? No. It wasn’t. Somewhere along the way, Goodkind lost sight of the stories and went for the long, drawn-out oratories that no one really cared to read … especially after they had read them five times before in his other SoT novels.

However, this book did bring resolution to many story lines through the 11-book series. It was gratifying to see several old characters make appearances. There were a few surprises. Some unnecessary deaths. Some “WTF” moments when characters revealed previously unknown abilities … but whatever.

What I wish Goodkind had done was cut out half the Ayn Rand mumbo jumbo from “Chainfire” and “Phantom” and instead have used that space to really flesh out "Confessor," which felt extremely crammed into 608 pages.

Great series that lost itself at about book 8 – “Naked Empire” – and really never found itself until the very end of “Confessor.”

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessor.

message 1: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam I couldn't have agreed more with your comment! Thankfully though, I didn't have to wait one long painful year. Despite skimming several of Goodkind's redundancies, it took me a good year to finish the series. Great read, but a lot of rough moments.