Jessi's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

May 29, 12

bookshelves: addicting-series, romance, steamy, adult
Read from May 03 to 10, 2012

Originally posted at OtherwhereCo

How 95% of this book went:
Step 1: Big ass over the top fight, brought on by A) Christian’s over the top passiveness or B) Ana’s big mouth.
Step 2: Angry, kinky sex.
Step 3: Make-up sex.
Step 4: Morning sex.
Step 5: Repeat.

I got really close to DNFing this one. The amount of which these two spend between the proverbial sheets is total overkill and frankly, completely ludicrous. Good thing Christian has a lifetime supply of “foil packages”. Nothing was happening for the first far too many pages of this book. I started skimming over the “steamy” bits because they became filler for the two pages out of twenty that actually moved the story forward.

Yes, Ana still doesn’t let Christian get away with anything, and always makes a point to press his sillier buttons. But she refuses to let go of a few issues that after the tenth fight over Mrs. Robinson, I almost threw the book. Except it’s my iPhone and that would suck.

The last 20% of the book got good, however, and they stopped doing it long enough for things to happen. There were some really sweet scenes and hell, a little action (not that kind). The ending was quite satisfying and really made up for quite a lot. Without it this would have been a one star book.
A part of me was hoping I would finally be able to put down this series and move on! But alas there was just enough at the end to keep me hooked to Christian and Ana for one more frackin book. I need to hit something.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

05/04/2012
05/06/2012
17.0% "I think the fire is starting to go out of this relationship."
05/07/2012
25.0% "There needs to be more tension."
show 2 hidden updates…