Romancing the Book's Reviews > Xavier's Loving Arms

Read in March, 2012

Reviewed By~EmmaRae
Reveiw Copy Provided By~Publisher

Cover notes / Warnings: graphic sex
Review: Wow. Just…wow. I read this cover to cover in just a few hours. Well…maybe more than a few--I just don't want to dwell on all the stuff I didn't get done tonight because I couldn't put it down.

I've read several books dealing with weight issues, and they always seemed a bit off and inconsistent with reality. KT Grant dug to the heart of the struggles people face when they have body image or eating problems, which I do know about, if not this specific problem. You will laugh, cry, and feel hope and devastation along with the characters as they stumble their way to the happy ending.

The book is related to others, because we meet Mollie and Suzy from previous KT Grant books. This is my first book from her, though, and I think this book stands on its own even though I dislike reading books out of order. Xavier is a big part of Suzy's book, so I do wish I'd read that one first. It's next on my list of books to read.

Characters are often at opposite ends of the wealth spectrum, but Becky was just so much more realistic than most I've read. Her ex-boyfriend starts out as the perfect gentleman, and I liked him a lot more than Xavier at first sight. I even hope he finds love and gets his own book somewhere down the line. Xavier is a down to earth rich guy who works hard, and you can't help but love a guy so close with his family.

This book is deep and rich with feeling. I recommend it to everyone who appreciates a little angst (not dramatics) before getting to the happy ending. Oh… and I saw one bookstore had it rated three flames. Umm… no. Five flames, people. If you don't like erotica, leave it alone. If you like sex made hotter by chemistry and feeling, enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Xavier's Loving Arms.