Nicole's Reviews > Wedlocked

Wedlocked by Bonnie Trachtenberg

F 50x66
Mar 13, 2012

Your wedding day is supposed to be one of the best days of your life. For Rebecca, it was the day she realized she’d just made the biggest mistake of her life and she is anything but the happy bride all her guests think she is. She finds out there’s a lot about her new husband she didn’t know, things he deliberately kept from her. Between the wedding and the honeymoon, Bonnie Trachtenberg takes the reader back in time to show what led to Rebecca’s awful decision, a ruined acting career and a broken heart. Then Trachtenberg shows us just how disastrous a honeymoon can be and the mysterious ways in which love works.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading “Wedlocked.” I laughed and cheered Rebecca on. It felt like she was a real person I knew. I was thrilled when she followed her dream to become an actress and I was angry on her behalf when her first love broke her heart. My heart went out to her when she realized she made a mistake by getting married. Trachtenberg is skilled in creating realistic characters.

I like the way Trachtenberg easily weaves together the present and the past without interrupting the flow of the story. Well, honestly, there’s not a single thing about this book I didn’t like. There’s just the right amount of humor and somehow, everything works out. I look forward to reading Trachtenberg’s next book.

This hilarious take on love and marriage will captivate readers and have them laughing out loud. The easy, flowing pace and genuine, easy to love characters make this book hard to put down. The entertaining and well thought out plot bring everything together to make this a truly great read. Women of all ages will love this book. I recommend this book for high school age and up.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wedlocked.