Btcat's Reviews > Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand

Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand by Samuel R. Delany

M_50x66
Apr 09, 13

Read from March 13 to April 28, 2012

Not casual "summer at the beach" reading, but fascinating, puzzling, and challenging, like much of Delany's work. Definitely worth the effort.
Update:
Finished at last. This was my fourth attempt to read this work, the first having been when it was first published. I was grimly determined that this time I would get it done and get it done I did. I have been paid handsomely for far easier work.
I was hoping that despite the rambling, disjointed, verbose narrative, there would be a conclusion that would tie it all together in some semblance of logic or reason. Alas, 'twas not to be. Instead of concluding it just faded away, leaving me to question my original premise that it was "worth the effort".
I don't think it succeeds as sociopolitical comment or as simple story telling. As a statement in support of homosexuality it may have some merit, but my cup of tea it most assuredly is not. However, that's just my opinion. Your view may vary...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand.

06/05/2012