Kajal Nehra's Reviews > Can You Keep a Secret?

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

Dec 03, 13

bookshelves: funny-as-hell, made-me-cry, so-sweet-that-i-might-be-a-diabetic, favorites
Recommended for: Anyone who wants a good laugh
Read on April 26, 2012

AHHH! This book was... It was... I'm out of words! It was that good.

'… knight in shining armour is not a realistic option. But there's a part of me that wants a huge, amazing romance. I want passion. I want to be swept off my feet. I want an earthquake, or a … I don't know, a huge whirlwind … something exciting. Sometimes I feel as if there's this whole new, thrilling life waiting for me out there, and if I can just—'

Oh god I enjoyed this book trememndously! It was a roller-coaster ride of emotions for me. One minute I was cracking the hell up laughing out loud so bad, and the next minute I was crying or was at least on the verge of tears.

Emma was a superb and such a funny character! God, I gotta love her. I think one of the words to describe her could be ambitious. Yes that's it. From the beginning I felt that's what she was. And did mention funny? Funny she was.

There were a few scenes which rocked my world! I love Jack Harper so much for them! In one of them I was all: SEE!? Who the hell understands the words Strategic and Logistical and Competencies and Rebranding and Pro-ceramides!? While the perfectly simple common layman english can be used, why do some people just have to use these. Bloody-show offs!

I swear this book brought out all sorts of emotions in me and I absolutely love it when a book is capable of doing such a thing.

As an afterthought I'd like to add the fact that Jemima was a total bitch! I quite fervently hated her and there-but-not-really-there Mummy! And also Kerry! She was a big-time bitch! Why couldn't they just leave the sweetheart Emma alone!?

LOVELY STORY! READ IT READ IT READ IT! GOOOOOOO! :*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can You Keep a Secret?.

04/26/2012
72.0% "SUCH A WONDERFUL BOOK! I'm giving it 5 stars already!" 3 comments
04/26/2012
96.0% "What kinda bitch is this Jemima! Just leave the effing girl alone! I seriously wanna slap her. Hard."