Lesley's Reviews > Emily and Einstein

2201018
Mar 21, 12

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction

I can't decide what I think of this book...While reading I often scoffed, rolled my eyes, and exclaimed "stupid" out loud, yet I kept reading and by the end decided their were some potent messages that have stuck with me, even if they were wrapped up in a somewhat cliche and uninspired story. It made me wish that real life contained revelations seen with a clarity that characters in novels experience.

I received this book as a gift and did not even read the flap to see what it was about before I started it. I just saw the cover and title and thought about how much I dislike reading animal stories. To my great relief, the first 15 pages confirm that this is not another book like "Marley and Me" - however, I think I felt a bit let down by a book that began with a reincarnation in the first chapter.

Overall, I don't consider this book a complete waste of time, I do feel like I gained a bit of personal insight to carry with me, and the author's style is not unpleasant, but I don't consider it a favorite either.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emily and Einstein.