Angieleigh's Reviews > Taken

Taken by Charlotte Abel

Mar 13, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, 2011-2012-book-challenge
Read from March 13 to 30, 2012

In the second installment of Channie's story, we pick up right where we left off with a married Josh and Channie hiding out in the Ozark mountains. If you at all felt even the slightest bit bored or aggravated with Channie in the first book...you won't feel that way with Taken, I can promise you that.

Channie has grown up quite a bit in Taken. Josh still struggles between what he knows to be right and what could potentially save his and Channie's lives. Hunter is still a wee bit annoying, but I feel he redeemed himself quite a bit in this book. Aunt Wisdom I could take or leave, though. And Channie's parents...don't even get me started! The ending was just whoa...cliffhanger!

Just like with Enchantment, I stayed up all night to finish Taken. Not because of a blogging deadline, but because I just HAD to finish it all at once. September is too far away for the third and final chapter in Channie's life!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken.

03/13/2012
03/29/2012
80.0% "Can't sleep as my anxiety is through the roof and this book is just too good to put down."
show 1 hidden update…