Tanya's Reviews > The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld

The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld by Terry Pratchett

May 04, 10

I’m a fairly new fan of Terry Pratchett’s Discworld, but I got really into it after listening to Monstrous Regiment read by Stephen Briggs. So I got this book from Amazon a little while ago and overall I really like it. It is a way for me to (sort of) know what some stories are about without having to read them. I have found that I just don't like the stories in which Discworld Wizards are central characters. Even secondary characters, come to think of it. I find them boring at best. But stuff happens in those stories that are mentioned in other stories and I'm tempted to read them to find out. Trouble is I never get very far before I find something more interesting to read, or do…. Like laundry.
I didn't give this collection of quotes full marks because there are quotes in books I have read that I really like but are not included in this collection under those titles. There are a number of phrases Pratchett uses repeatedly that I really like that may be presented, in this book, under the title of a story I've not read. This book lends itself to browsing & I haven't finished The Wit and Wisdom yet. I may add quotes though. There is plenty of white space in which to do so.
Now if only Stephen Briggs would narrate more audiobooks… ^_^

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld.