Kelly's Reviews > Chasing Magic

251943
Apr 02, 13

bookshelves: ebooks, 2012-favorites, read-in-2012, urban-fantasy
Read from May 25 to 27, 2012

While I have admittedly enjoyed all the books in this series, I *really* liked this installment. Chess and Terrible are together, Chess is totally screwed up, the bad guy is doing VERY BAD THINGS, Terrible is ... kinda awesome. It just worked for me on every level. Even when I was squealing in horror at some of the situations Chess got herself into, I was enthralled.

I never quite know how to think about Chess. She's a wreck and a junkie but she's very honest with herself in that regard. She had a shitty past and it still colors the way she thinks about herself. Her fears about not being good enough for Terrible KILL me. I want her to find her happy place with him and not constantly worry that her happiness is going to disintegrate in the blink of an eye. But, at the same time, that wouldn't be Chess. And against the odds, I like Chess. I like her messed up, screwed up, totally whacked outlook on life. She and Terrible are so GOOD together. They... fit.

Speaking of Terrible... angry, possessive sex is good sex. Wow.

Overall, the bad guy did some very nasty things, the body count was suitably high and Chess' life teeters between some serious highs and lows. I don't always like the things she does, but she owns her power and she's fiercely protective of those she allows into her inner circle. In other words, great addition to the series

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Magic.

Laura what about Lex? Why didn't you mention him? Is he not in this book? :0

Kelly lanilani wrote: "what about Lex? Why didn't you mention him? Is he not in this book? :0"

Lex is in the book. He has a fair sized role, in fact.