Maria Birri's Reviews > Frankenstein / Dracula / Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde

Frankenstein / Dracula / Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

F 50x66
Mar 12, 2012

I found Robert Louis Stevenson's version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde to be very good. I would recommend everyone to read this story even if you think it would be too weird. Everyone knows the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and I had a basic understanding of the story at first. Once I continued to read though I found little details that completely changed my understanding of the work as a whole. These little details allowed me to see more in depth the story and abled me to see what the author wanted me to take from the novel. This story is written in a way that is similar to watching a movie. The writing style is so well written that I was able to read it and picture it in my head so clearly, almost as though I was watching a movie myself.

The story is written in a way that gives the reader that ultimate struggle of man vs. nature. Dr. Jekyll struggles internally with the idea of good vs. evil, his deep struggle that everyone has inside of that need to be bad. The doctor wants to be good in everyway but ultimatly is overcomed by his desire and human nature to do what is wrong and finds his alternative self, Mr. Hyde, to be much to strong for him to handle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frankenstein / Dracula / Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde.