Brittany's Reviews > Bonnie

Bonnie by Iris Johansen

Mar 12, 2012

liked it
Read from March 12 to April 05, 2012

After dragging us along for all her reckless, irresponsible, thoughtless “adventures”, Eve Duncan has finally found out the truth about her daughter, Bonnie’s disappearance. Eve has taken us for a lot of wild and mostly unbelievable rides over the years as she searched for her daughter’s killer and her daughter’s body. I really mean unbelievable in the “Oh yeah right!” sense, which I said A LOT throughout not only this book but all the others.

Bonnie herself makes numerous appearances in this book, though she appears several times over the years, here she appears, in my opinion, a bit too much and to everyone is seems.

And poor Joe Quinn! He has been dragged through absolute hell with Eve. I understand she wants to find her lost daughter, but come on… let’s run to the open arms of a drug dealer! Let’s run through a swamp where a serial killer is hiding! And Eve thinking she can take down a Seal just because Joe showed her some moves… YEAH RIGHT, DREAM ON HONEY! Joe is smart but the way he jumps directly to the “secret word” Eve tells him… HA, HA, HA… another yeah right! If he would have said something as he was going through this… like, hmmm… Eve doesn’t use this word, not jumping right to it and wanting a dictionary!

The killer is an easy guess, but as to why he/she does it, you will have to continue reading to figure that one out, and how Bonnie’s body is treated may make you tear up a bit.

Catherine Ling is back and she a John Gallo are still tempted by the other, leaving you wondering if anything is going to happen between the two. I think they would be great together – (not in that sense for those of you with the dirty minds!)

After all is said, I did like this book, it did take me longer than usual to read, though not because of the book itself, but because my father-in-law is extremely ill and we went to FL to visit him for a bit.

This is not a keeper for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonnie.

03/12/2012 page 50