Beth's Reviews > Walk on the Wild Side

Walk on the Wild Side by Christine Warren

May 11, 12

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, urban, fantasy, shapeshifters, series, favorite
Read in March, 2010

Kitty is an average, 24yr old, young southern librarian who realizes her life isn't so average when a tragic car accident causes her to shift into a lion or “Leo Other”. Never knowing her presumed dead father was a Leo, Kitty’s normal human life has just been sent into a tailspin. Kitty’s grandfather, the only father figure Kitty has ever known, tells her that not only is her father alive but also the leader of the Los Vegas Leo Pride. Shocked with this new and frightening side herself, Kitty accepts an invitation to meet her father and travels to Los Vegas. That is where she meets Max, second in command of the Red Rock Pride and appointed heir to her father’s legacy. Kitty must face repeated threats to her life by an unknown force, deal with the knowledge that she is something other than just human, an illness that is killing her biological father and his horrible family that hates her and thinks she is out to steal a very sizable inheritance. Max is instantly drawn to Kitty and recognizes her as his mate and will stop at nothing to protect her and keep her safe.

I laughed and cried as I felt my heart clench with Kitty and her struggles to find herself. I couldn’t put it down. The attraction between Max and Kitty is very heated and includes some very steaming love scenes, but it did not overshadow the story. All in all this was one of my favorite in the Others Series. Wow, what a great book!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walk on the Wild Side.