Hanaa's Reviews > Teen Witch: Wicca for a New Generation

Teen Witch by Silver RavenWolf

Mar 15, 12

bookshelves: occult
Read in March, 2012

Let first start off my saying, I will use the word 'patronized' a lot in this review. So be prepared!

This is my first Silver Ravenwolf book, and although she's not seen in the best light, I decided to give it a try because my opinion may not coincide with others'; however, I pretty much agree with most reviews on here. Ravenwolf is an awfully patronizing person whose knowledge on the subject and even knowledge on what teens like is pretty atrocious. I don't have a huge breadth of knowledge on Wicca and Witchcraft, but seriously, bro? Even I could sniff out this shit. She speaks to teens like they are just newly born; dumbing down information and prodviding 'Teen Speak' where she thought necessary. I'm pretty sure teens are intelligent indiviudals who don't need to have something dumbed down to them. Just sayin'

Also, I must talk about her hilarious choice of spells. Oh boy, it made me laugh. She called the chapter 'spells just for you' and the majority of them are love and beauty spells. Yes, because ALL teen are superficial and only want love and beauty. Sure, it's pretty much the necessity of most teens, but if she provided something more that made teens seem less needy and her less patronizing, then I wouldn't be hating on homegirl so much.

Throughout the book she talks about what REAL witches do and don't do. I love her definition of real witches, because, you know, she knows everything.

Anyways, if you want to read this book, do it but prepare to be underwhelmed and maybe even a little offended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teen Witch.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

angie lol.. i like the way you think. i still think its a good beginner book. maybe because it was the first book i read on this subject.. i love your review tho!!!!

Hanaa Yeah, beginner book. I liked the section on candles and that was it. lol.
Glad you liked it though! ^_^