carole's Reviews > The Kiss Off

The Kiss Off by Sarah Billington

May 04, 2012

Read on April 22, 2012

The Kiss Off is an incredibly fun book, one of my favorites this year. I absolutely adore this slew of characters, the hilarious moments, and the cute love stories (and like stories). It's a tale of High School romance told by an amazing author!

Poppy is a great character. She was a normal teenager until the song she wrote is heard by millions of people, and one of those people is just a stranger on a bus until a chance meeting. This stranger, Ty, is one swoon worthy leading man. I just love the chemistry that Sarah creates between her characters (and not just the main ones, all characters are created equal in The Kiss Off), love it. When Ty's band plays the song, they make it big time, and Poppy is along for the ride. Screaming fans and groupies gave me this Between the Lines feel, I LOVE Between the Lines. It is just a great novel and I can go on and on about what I love but I think anyone reading this should check it out on release day!

Poppy's home life is chaotic. With two younger siblings, there is an endless supply of hilarious and sometimes embarrassing moments. But, what would high school be without some drama and surprise. Her parents are down to earth and another great addition to the story. And, although they aren't keyed into Poppy's life in the beginning of the book, they have a fantastic presence at the end.

All around I absolutely adore this book and recommend it to anyone looking for an excellent contemporary read. It's a wonderful love story that many of us can relate to. Being 16 is great, but Poppy has her share of rocky waters through the story. Read it! I can't wait to check out more books by Sarah Billington!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kiss Off.