Holly's Reviews > Dying Bites

Dying Bites by D.D. Barant
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
F_50x66
's review
Mar 12, 12

Read on February 28, 2012

Jace is a psychological profile for the government when one night she is sucked into another dimension by David Cassius. Cassius is the lead of the NSA, but one that is completely different than the one she knows. In this world humans make up 1% of the population and lycanthropes (thropes), vampires (pires), and golems (lems) the other 99%. But there number one enemy who is perpetrating very disturbing crimes is a human. Not having mental illness with any of their kinds they decide they need an expert, which of course is Jace. Along with some other agents, and her partner Charlie (a golem), they travel the world looking for this man who obviously has a message for the non humans.
I got to say that the deaths are pretty damn grissly. Just the descriptions had me cringing, so brutal. I liked Jace, her sarcasm and her independence, but she makes a couple stupid decisions, like sleeping with a thrope and egging on a powerful vampire, oh an also keeping some important info private. I liked it, a cool new world that Barant built here.
likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dying Bites.
sign in »

No comments have been added yet.