Guilty Pleasures's Reviews > Hunted

Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: to-read, publishersent, guiltypleasures-rhys
Read in April, 2012

Rhys' review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Being the seventh daughter of the seventh daughter is a big job, and yet for Moira Dunne it is just another thing to add to her plate. Right now nothing is bothering her more than her mate, Conn. Not only were they mated unexpectedly, but he has been out of the picture for a century and yet now here he stands in front of her demanding that she come with him to the states. If this man didn’t make her blood boil with lust than she would probably kill him. There are so many secrets lying between these two that it will take a lot of magic, trust and a few fresh starts for anything positive to happen in this romance. Will Moira be able to open up to Conn in time to let him see she still cares for him, or will his original desertion be enough to close the door to her heart for him forever?

Connlan “Conn” Kayrs is a bad ass soldier of the vampire army and a brother to the King of his kind, but none of that matters when he can’t be away from his mate another moment. Conn wasn’t ready to be mated when it just happened during one of the hottest nights of his life with Moira, and when the light of day happened he was glad to give her space to grow in her powers and into the woman who could be at his side for eternity. A century sounded good at the time, but now it feels like he has missed so much of her life, and will have a lot of ground to make up with Moira if he has a chance of getting the woman to stay with him. With the mating sign, and his own natural protectiveness kicking in, Conn is going to have a hard time controlling himself when Moira is anywhere near him, but all control is shot to hell when Moira is kidnapped and only he can find her before it is too late. Will his love be enough to sustain the two of them until she can fall for him too, or will Conn lose more than just his control over Moira?

What a wonderful story with such great rich characters that drew me in effortlessly. While not knowing that this book is actually a part of a series, some of the ground work beginning chapters were a bit difficult to understand (and at times made me want to not read anymore) but once the meat of the story started I was enthralled with how things were going to end and if Moira and Conn would end up together. Rebecca Zanetti is a new to me author, and I can’t wait to read the rest of the books in this series. I am officially hooked! This may just be a series to buy in paperback! If you are looking for a good paranormal book that will keep you guessing from the beginning to the end than this is the book for you. I would suggest looking for the first in the series so that each of the characters stories make more sense by the time you get to this one though. Rebecca Zanetti is an author to watch out for for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunted.